Crosswords Classic for iPhone/iPad $9.99
Compatible with iOS devices running 5.x or greater.
Syncing puzzles to your Mac requires Crosswords for Mac, available in the Mac App Store.
Have questions about Crosswords Classic for iPhone/iPad? Find answers at the Crosswords Classic for iPhone/iPad Frequently Asked Questions page!
Follow us on Twitter to be notified of the latest Crosswords Classic updates!
Crosswords brings the power of our award-winning Crossword Puzzles for Palm OS app to your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad device!
Download new daily puzzles from newspapers including the New York Times, King Features puzzles, the Independent, and many more! Crosswords also supports paid puzzle subscriptions, allowing you to download puzzles from secure websites directly to your iPhone or iPad.
Easily navigate each puzzle just as deftly as you would with a pen!
A variety of viewing options let you clearly and quickly read your clues while keeping your eyes on the puzzle.
Keep tabs on how much of a puzzle is finished, how much time you've spent on each puzzle, and more!
Our Hints system lets you peek at clue letters (or the entire puzzle!) and get hints from OneAcross.com if you get stuck, or look up definitions from Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Answers.com and Reference.com once you've solved a clue.
Our new leader board lets you show off your puzzle solving speed!
Have any additional question about Crosswords? Check out our Crosswords for iPhone/iPad FAQ, contact us via Get Satisfaction or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Reviews for Crosswords Classic for iPhone/iPad:
"[T]he definitive source for puzzles for iOS and Android devices."
Voted one of the best iPad games of 2010!
"[A] feature rich puzzler solver’s dream."
"This is a great app - keeps you from carrying a pencil and newspaper around with you everywhere you go and gives you the advantage of hints if you want them. Love it."
- v.2.76 - Current release version. Released on November 28, 2016. Minor bug fixes. Fixed a breaking sync issue.
- v.2.75 - Released on November 18, 2016. iOS 10 cleanup, and fixed a minor leaderboard issue.
- v.2.74 - Released on December 18, 2015. Improved accessibility support and fixed minor puzzle sync issues.
- v.2.73 - Released on November 15, 2015. This version fixes a display bug when playing with 'Use Tabs at Bottom' disabled.
- v.2.72 - Released on October 17, 2015. Fixed clue bar issues in portrait mode on iPad. This version also fixes clue list and keyboard issues when playing in landscape mode on an iPhone.
- v.2.71 - Released on October 03, 2015. This update fixes display issues with popover menus.
- v.2.70 - Released on November 27, 2014. This version fixes several bugs, including an issue that occasionally prevented using Game Center with the app.
- v.2.69 - Released on November 10, 2014. This version addresses several iOS 8 and leader board bugs.
- v.2.66 - Released on October 04, 2014. This version features several iOS 8-related bug fixes.
- v.2.63 - Released on August 20, 2014. This version fixes several bugs, including one which would reset puzzle progress.
- v.2.62 - Released on May 08, 2014. This version features minor interface tweaks, and fixes several bugs under iOS 5 and iOS 6, and resolves a deletion issue under iOS 7.
- v.2.61 - Released on May 02, 2014. This update adds native iOS 7 compatibility, and features minor feature tweaks and bug fixes.
- v.2.60 - Released on October 26, 2013. This version fixes an upgrade bug that occurred in tandem with Crosswords for iOS 7.
- v.2.58 - Released on September 24, 2013. Fixed a crashing issue under iOS 5.x.
- v.2.56 - Released on August 18, 2013. Minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- v.2.55 - Released on July 28, 2013. This version features minor bug fixes.
- v.2.54 - Released on July 23, 2013. This update features minor bug fixes.
- v.2.52 - Released on April 25, 2013. This update features minor bug fixes.
- v.2.51 - Released on April 11, 2013. This version features minor bug fixes.
- v.2.5 - Released on April 02, 2013. This update adds multiplayer support as a new add-on, as well as multiple bug fixes.
- v.2.48 - Released on March 25, 2013. This version features minor bug fixes and under-the-hood enhancements.
- v.2.47 - Released on December 11, 2012. This version features minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- v.2.46 - Released on November 27, 2012. This maintenance release fixes download and sync issues that popped up in v.2.45, and also features additional minor bug fixes.
- v.2.45 - Released on November 13, 2012. This version features a new slide-in puzzle list for iPad users and includes bug fixes.
- v.2.42 - Released on October 11, 2012. This version features full accessibility support for vision-impaired users, iPhone 5 optimization, improved browser-based puzzle downloading and minor bug fixes.
- v.2.41 - Released on September 19, 2012. This version adds iPhone 5 display support and iOS 6 support, speeds up grid animations, and fixes a deletion issue that occurred under some circumstances.
- v.2.4 - Released on September 11, 2012. Improved puzzle list and grid interface, puzzle catalog improvements and minor bug fixes.
- v.2.32 - Released on May 08, 2012. This version fixes a bug that would result in blank squares in some puzzles, as well as a bug that would rarely result in a blank puzzle list.
- v.2.31 - Released on May 01, 2012. This version features minor bug fixes.
- v.2.30 - Released on April 02, 2012. This version features new iPad support, minor tweaks and bug fixes.
- v.2.29 - Released on October 06, 2011. This version features minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- v.2.28 - Released on September 29, 2011. This version features minor bug fixes.
- v.2.26 - Released on July 23, 2011. This version fixes a clue reveal and clue list bug, as well as additional tweaks and bug fixes.
- v.2.25 - Released on July 15, 2011. This version adds support for importing JPZ puzzles, improved feedback for provider and puzzle errors, more support for puzzle difficulty levels and minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- v.2.23 - Released on April 01, 2011. Minor bug fixes, including a bug that prevented users from tapping on clues while in landscape mode on an iPhone.
- v.2.22 - Released on March 24, 2011. This version fixes a bug that prevented iOS 3.1.x users from viewing entered answers.
- v.2.21 - Released on March 23, 2011. This version features puzzle pack support, minor interface refinements and bug fixes.
- v.2.2 - Released on January 07, 2011. This version features puzzle progress syncing between Crosswords for iPhone, iPad and Mac apps, minor bug fixes and additional tweaks.
- v.2.11 - Released on December 16, 2010. This version fixes zoom and anti-aliasing issues that affected some users, as well as improves Game Center support. It also adds several new providers, and includes minor bug fixes.
- v.2.1 - Released on November 19, 2010. This version adds Game Center and printing support, minor UI tweaks and bug fixes.
- v.2.07 - Released on August 12, 2010. This version features improved performance, additional iPad interface features, and minor bug fixes.
- v.2.05 - Released on June 28, 2010. This version fixes a crash issue that would occur on non-iOS 4 iPhone and iPod touch devices.
- v.2.04 - Released on June 23, 2010. Added iOS 4.0 support.
- v.2.03 - Released on May 17, 2010. This version adds additional option triggers to Crosswords for iPad, improves keyboard behavior on iPad, and includes minor bug fixes.
- v.2.02 - Released on April 14, 2010. This version adds support for importing puzzles via Safari on your iPad, as well as minor bug fixes.
- v.2.01 - Released on April 12, 2010. This version fixes a number of bugs, including hint highlighting and crash fixes.
- v.2.0 - Released on April 01, 2010. This version features improved graphics, cleaner hints display, a new tabbed interface, improved performance, and support for Newsday and People providers.
- v.1.72 - Released on October 08, 2009. This version fixes a minor bug where "Skip Filled Squares" was ignored if "Auto-Jump to Next Clue" was turned off.
- v.1.71 - Released on September 21, 2009. This version features puzzle import support, Facebook posting and minor bug fixes.
- v.1.7 - Released on July 03, 2009. This version includes Twitter support, new providers, improved preference layout and minor bug fixes and tweaks!
- v.1.6 - Released on May 04, 2009. This version features several leaderboard fixes, improved multiple letter entry, additional error options, and minor bug fixes.
- v.1.52 - Released on March 05, 2009. This version adds square-advancing swipes, minor UI tweaks, and fixes a crashing bug.
- v.1.51 - Released on February 26, 2009. This version fixes a crashing bug that occasionally occurred in low-connectivity areas.
- v.1.5 - Released on February 16, 2009. This version adds leaderboard options and user accounts, support for Telegraph puzzles, new puzzle views, additional hint lookup options, new keyboard sizes, improved provider management, and automatic puzzle downloads!
- v.1.13 - Released on September 16, 2008. This version features support for multi-character puzzles, puzzles containing circles, numerous UI tweaks and bug fixes.
- v.1.0 - Released on July 15, 2008.
Latest beta version
- v.2.53 - Released on May 21, 2013. This version features minor bug tweaks and optimizations.